Peer Review Process
To ensure the academic and scientific quality of the publication, all works submitted to UOU scientific journal will be reviewed by the Editorial Committee, which will approve its academic quality, as well as its format and publication standards.
After sending the manuscripts through the platform, the authors will be automatically notified by email that their files have been successfully received. The manuscript will first be reviewed by the Editorial Board. Editors determine if the works submitted fall within the remit of the journal and ensure compliance with scientific quality standards, verifying:
- The adequacy of the content to the research lines and objects of the journal and, where appropriate, to the specific theme of a monographic issue proposed for publication.
- Compliance with the formal requirements established in the Guidelines for author’s section.
- The non-commission of plagiarism through the use of specialized software.
If the initial assessment outcome is negative, the authors may be required to make all necessary changes within two weeks. Please note that manuscripts may also be rejected; in that case, the grounds for rejection will be duly explained to the authors by email.
DOUBLE-BLIND PEER REVIEW EVALUATION
Next, the articles will be double-blind peer-reviewed by two external evaluators, chosen by the Editorial Board from among experts in the relevant fields of study. The evaluators will be required to review the manuscript within four weeks and draft a report by completing a form available on the website. If they disagree on their assessment, a third evaluator will be sent the manuscript, which will be anonymous throughout the whole process.
After receiving the assessment reports, the general editors will inform the author that one of the following statuses has been assigned to the manuscript:
- Accepted with modifications. The manuscript will be published only if the authors introduce the changes proposed by the evaluators within two weeks.
- New assessment required. The manuscript is not yet suitable for publication, but the Editorial Board will allow the authors to rewrite it and make any proposed changes in approach within three weeks. Upon receipt of the revised article, the Editorial Board will decide whether the new version can be published or should be assessed again by external evaluators.
- Not accepted.
After the assessment process a proof of the manuscript will be sent to the author, who may propose non-content-related changes within seven days. Once the final version is ready, manuscript will be available on the journal’s website.
The decision is made within the next month after receipt of the manuscript.
A list of evaluators involved in the editorial process will be published yearly.