Authors who publish in UOUsj agree to the following terms:
- Copyright: Authors retain the copyright of their works, but agree to grant the journal non-exclusive exploitation rights (reproduction, publishing, distribution, public communication and exhibition). Authors, therefore, are free to enter into additional independent agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (e.g. storing it in an institutional repository), provided it contains an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
© The authorship.
- Manifest: The authors confirm that UOUsj is the first medium that has published their work and guarantee that during the evaluation stage and possible publication in our journal their work has not been sent to other media.
- Licence: Works are published in this journal under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence, the terms and conditions of which are available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
Under this licence, third parties are allowed to share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format) and adapt (remix, transform and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially) the material, as long as its authorship and initial publication in this journal (UOU scientific journal, DOI of the work) are acknowledged, a link to the licence is provided and the fact of whether or not any changes were made is stated.
- Self-archiving policy: Authors are permitted and encouraged to publish electronically the final published article (publisher's version) in UOUsj (such as in institutional repositories, on their website, etc.) with a view to creating productive exchanges and ensuring the work receives greater citation (see The Effect of Open Access, in English).
- Liability disclaimer: The opinions reflected in the texts that are published in UOUsj are the sole responsibility of their respective authors.
The authors are responsible in all regards for any issue arising from the application of legislation over intellectual property, exempting UOUsj from any such liability.